Barry or Mitt?
Quick quiz, folks! The following quotes were all spoken by either Mitt Romney or Barack Obama during the 2008 presidential primaries. Can you identify who said what?
1. ”There is no doubt that the economy has been out of balance… That’s why I have proposed specific tax relief now, immediately, so that we would offset some of the payroll tax, that we would immediately put some additional dollars in the pockets of American families.”
2. “The best answer for our economic woes is to make sure we have good jobs for our citizens, good schools for our kids, good health care for everyone, and that we have policies that promote the growth of the nation.”
3. “I’m concerned about the taxes that middle class families are paying. They’re under a lot of pressure. Gasoline’s expensive. Home heating oil, particularly in the Northeast, is very difficult for folks. Health care costs are going through the roof. Education costs and higher education are overwhelming. And as a result, we need to reduce the burden on middle-income families in this country.”
4. “And so, Hispanics, along with other people in this country, want to see change.”
5. ”And just to wrap up, part of the change that’s desperately needed is to enlist the American people in the process of self-government.”
6. “The right answer is to get people insured, all of our citizens insured so they don’t have to worry about losing their insurance if they change jobs or have a preexisting condition.”
7. ”What we haven’t seen… is tackling the big issues: getting health care reform finally done, getting an energy policy that works.”
8. “Not only can I talk change with you, I’ve lived it… I have done it. I have changed things, and that experience is what America is looking for.”
9. ”Those are the kinds of steps that will actually lead to real changes in people’s lives, and that’s how I worked at the state level, bringing Republicans and Democrats together, to provide health insurance to people who didn’t have it; that’s how we were able to provide tax cuts to working families. And that is what I intend to do as president of the United States of America.”
Ready for the results?
How many did you get right?